TalentBurst is proud to share our list of top 10 interview tips for any candidate:
- Learn all you can about the company, its products/services and employee policies
Visit the company website, search for the company in Google, Yahoo!, MSN and other engines. If a public company, then search for the stock symbol do your research.
- Understand the job description, title and what the job expects from you.
- Be formally dressed regardless of the company, location or time of the interview
Men: Formal business suit, clean ironed shirt and a neutral-color tie
Women: Formal business suit; avoid harsh makeup colors and extra perfume
- Be punctual and always arrive 15 minutes before the interview.
- Apply common social behavior rules used when you were in other formal situations.
- Engage the interviewer at the beginning, do not hijack the conversation, but try to ask a bit about the position and then tailor your answers accordingly. By using this strategy, answering questions will be easier and you will spend your time telling the individual why you are a good fit, being in a better position to ace the rest of the interview including some tricky areas:
- What are the biggest challenges to overcome in this role?
- What type of individual do you think will be the most successful in this role?
- What would be the initial goals for the person who takes this role?
- Prepare to be asked technical and general stress questions and be sure to ASK questions too.
- Review your resume and refresh your mind on achievements and things you did on projects.
- Turn your phone off and don’t take calls during the interview or if you’re with the managers.
- Collect the business cards of each interviewer and send a thank-you note to everyone after the conclusion of the interview.